NEW OPENING [ROOFTOP BAR]
The Standard sets the bar high this spring with the launch of ‘The Rooftop’ Opening 1st May an open air rooftop bar and terraces stretching over its 11th floor, turning its unparalleled views of the London skyline into the perfect backdrop for rooftop cocktails, bubbles on tap, and street food delights from its hot dog cart!
This seasonal addition to the hotel will be open to guests and visitors throughout the summer months. The front terrace facing St Pancras commands impressive views over the station looking north and West and will be open daily (weather permitting) with a private area for hotel guest to have drinks, light food & enjoy the views. A second terrace faces south and east towards the City with panoramic views of the London skyline and can also be hired out for private events.
Since its opening in London’s thriving King’s Cross neighbourhood in July 2019 The Standard, London has boldly propelled The Standard brand onto the international stage. The hotel playfully respects the building's history while creating new expansive spaces for the neighbourhood to play with a collection of bars, terraces, restaurants, lounges and event spaces throughout the building.
At the heart of our hotels are, of course, the people who through their vibrancy bring our properties to life. We are now seeking to hire our new Rooftop team that will capture the essence of The Standard, London.
Our New York rooftop bars and clubs are legendary; as a Busser/Barback at the Rooftop, you will become part of an exceptional bar team that will launch this exciting new venue onto the London scene. Service at The Rooftop will be relaxed and casual with a focus on summer cocktails, beers and bubbles [served with an irreverent sense of fun and our typical unconventional style that is any but Standard]. A small selection of street food and Hotdogs from our hot dog cart will be served alongside drinks.
Our Busser/Barback team assist with the preparation and staging on the bar counters, fridges, back bar and speed rails for service. You’ll ensure the bar has sufficient quantities of all its equipment such as glasses, drinks and crockery. During service you are the right hand to the Bartenders and the Waiters and will ensure the work spaces stays tidy and organised, tables are cleared of glassware and the bar stays stocked according to standards.
You will of course be passionate about service, very well organised with a good working knowledge of bar operations and order of service; as we expect some busy days. Finally, and most importantly, you will be a host, making our guests feel welcome whilst they visit The Standard and our energetic and vibrant city; so, you will need to be highly social, upbeat and friendly; confident and can handle pressure well; thrive in a busy high volume, high energy environment and can manage multiple tasks and guest with ease.
Do you have what it takes to be a Busser/Barback for The Rooftop at Standard, London
While we take every detail of design and guest experience seriously, we do not take ourselves too seriously. ‘Standard People’ are at the heart of our brand; vivid, dynamic and engaging. Prior experience as a Busser/Barback is useful but not essential for this role; you will have an uncompromised and natural flair for service and be able to build genuine relationships with guests that enable us to not only preempt needs but foresee desires.
In addition to this you will also need….
- No prior experience is required for this role, however you may have worked as a Busser/Barback in a similar busy bar, pub, ‘Lifestyle’ boutique hotel, destination cocktail bar or similar rooftop bar
- Happy to work outside for your entire shift [come rain or shine]
- In addition to the above we are actively seeking candidates with a diverse range of lifestyle skills and welcome applications from those in the arts, music and entertainment industries.
- Be a confident in bar operations and service, well versed in both classic and contemporary cocktails with a good understanding of the London bar scene.
- Highly social, motivated and pro-active; acting with professionalism and positivity in all interactions
- You will need to have a flexible approach to working hours with the ability to work shifts, including weekends and late evenings. There may also be occasions when we will be unable to open or close The Rooftop due to inclement weather and you may be asked to work in other areas of the hotel.
- The Rooftop is a seasonal venue and will operate between May and October, initial contracts will be for 6 months with the option to move into another hotel position when the venue closes in the Autumn.
We are defined by our richness of personality and diversity of background and lifestyle so if you think you have what it takes to be a Busser/Barback at The Rooftop, we’d love to meet with you.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates prior to commencing employment.
- Meals on duty
- Uniform Provided
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Employee Rates across all Standard properties
- F&B Discounts
- Recruitment Referral Bonus up to £500
- Tuition Aid Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan & regular social activities
- Bike 2 Work Scheme