The Standard, London opened in July 2019 and has boldly propelled The Standard brand onto the international stage. Situated on Euston Road across from the gothic grandeur of St Pancras Station, the hotel is set to become a new cultural crossroad for London and a gateway to Europe. The hotel playfully respects the building's history while creating new expansive spaces for the neighbourhood to play from our bars, restaurants, lounges and event spaces throughout the building.
The Standard, London has 266 rooms in 42 unique styles ranging from Cosy Core rooms to terraced suites with outdoor bathtubs overlooking St Pancras station. The lobby lounge, with a carefully curated library pays homage to the building’s original use, with a Sounds studio hosting weekly live music and talks. Double Standard, offers lunch, happy-hour and casual drinking and dining, while our garden restaurant, Isla, features a seasonally-driven, coastal inspired menu. Board the street level, exterior red lift directly to the 10th-floor to Decimo where Chef Peter Sanchez-Iglesias’ showcases his live fire cooking and the building’s 360-degree views of London.
Do you have what it takes to be a Back of House Supervisor at the Standard.
While we take every detail of design and guest experience seriously, we do not take ourselves too seriously. ‘Standard People’ are at the heart of our brand; vivid, dynamic and engaging. You’ll intrinsically understand the unique microcosm and the context of our venues and city you represent.
While prior experience as a Back of House Supervisor will always be useful all are welcome at The Standard so your background may be less conventional; you will have an uncompromised and natural flair for time management and be able to build a reliable and dynamic team. In addition to this you will also need….
- A proven track record in a senior kitchen porter or Back of House Supervisor role with the ability to inspire and motivate a small team, ideally gained in a similar ‘Lifestyle’ multi-site restaurant or multi-outlet hotel sector
- Good understanding of restaurant operations and solid understanding of health and safety, manual handling and COSHH in order to train and coach your team
- Excellent time management skills, attention to detail and prior experience of delegating tasks and duties to a large team
- To be highly motivated and pro-active; act with professionalism and positivity in all interactions
- We are defined by our richness of personality and diversity of background and lifestyle so if you think you have what it takes to be our Back of House Supervisor, we’d love to hear from you.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates.
- Meals on duty
- Uniform Provided
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Employee Rates across all Standard properties
- F&B Discounts
- Recruitment Referral Bonus up to £500
- Tuition Aid Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan & regular social activities