Standard employees embody our core values from within, in a way that’s natural and easy, making the guest experience and the work environment the best in the industry.
The Night Auditor is responsible for reconciling all hotel cashier transactions; reviewing, organizing and compiling management reports on a timely basis and ensuring the accuracy of guest billings and city ledger transactions. He/she is also responsible for effectively communicating concerns and/or related issues to all levels of management and performing guest service agent duties as required, including check-in, check-out, switchboard operation and reservations.
What you will be doing
- Approach all encounters with guests and team members in a friendly, service oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with HotelCrafters’ standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working.
- Comply at all times with HotelCrafters’ standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
- Team Members must at all time be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow team members.
- Perform guest services functions as required (i.e., check guests in and out, take reservations, enter wake-up calls, etc.).
- Audit and reconcile financial and statistical reports.
- Prepare and distribute necessary daily reports as required (i.e., Daily Operating Report, Discount Programs, Tax Reports, etc.) according to hotel standards.
- Prepare and distribute month-end reports.
- Audit and reconcile all Front Desk and Food & Beverage Cashier’s work.
- Audit, reconcile, consolidate, and transmit all credit cards on a timely basis.
- Prioritize job functions in order to meet deadlines.
- Ensure accuracy of all numbers reported including statistics.
- Input and update financial information into corporate communications network.
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly and annual data processing system functions as required.
- Keep management abreast of any unusual operational or financial events and/or deviations of policies or procedures.
- Maximize productivity, identify problem areas, and assist in finding and implementing solutions.
- Respond to governmental inquiries upon receipt.
- Handle guest requests.
- Attend meetings/training as required by management.
- Perform other duties as requested by management. The ideal candidate for this position
Education and Experience:
High School diploma or equivalent and/or one year of progressive experience in a hotel or related filed required.
- A Minimum of 1 year hotel front desk required.
- Opera Information System knowledge preferred.
- Physical Requirements:
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Sedentary work – exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Overnight shifts. Benefits PTO & Holiday Pay
- Medical / Dental / Vision Insurance
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Employee Meals
- Matching 401K plans
- Company hotel / F&B Discounts
The Standard, Miami Beach is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions are to be made without regard to race, color, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, religion, creed, marital status, transgender status, partnership status, familial status, national origin/ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, mental or physical disability or medical condition, handicap, military status, veteran’s status, genetic information, unemployment status, status as a victim of domestic violence, status as a victim of sex offenses or stalking, employment status, sexual or reproductive health decisions, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law (“Protected Characteristics”).