- We aim to bring a fresh twist on and
new life to dining and nightlife experiences. Our point of view is informed and
refined, and our restaurants, like our hotels, vibrate with the social energy
of our time. Core to the experience of The Standard Bangkok Mahanakhon, is our
food and drink offerings aiming to broaden people’s horizons while engaging and
intriguing our communities.
Throughout the Food & Beverage Division you create unique experiences for guests going above and beyond for them to have extraordinary experience within and across the different outlets.
As Banqueting Manager you are responsible for the daily operational success of The Standard’s Meeting and Events space and lead with a strong focus on luxury operations, guest satisfaction, financial performance and employee welfare.
You guide team members by demonstrating technical skills, sharing knowledge and upholding all department and hotel standards and use this to provide daily operational success for the Banqueting Department. You cherish these moments, work together as a team, promote harmony, enhance productivity and have fun.
Through operational expertise ensures the Event’s space is recognized as Bangkok’s best with market leading beverage and food programming, service levels and atmosphere.
As a Banquet Manager you report to the Food and Beverage Manager and assist other departments when needed.
- Ongoing control and enhancement of quality standards and guest services
- Ensure that all banqueting operational equipment and guest facing areas maintain a first-class and positive visual impact including ambiance, cleanliness, orderliness and décor.
- Ensure all setups are completed in the timeline agreed with client as per BEO and adjustments are made in a timely manner.
- Schedule banquet service staff to forecast and service standards, while maximizing profits.
- Assist Events Sales in the preparation of upcoming events and their requirements, to ensure an appropriate planning of events with the clients.
- Work with the stewarding team to ensure that all operational equipment needs are met.
- Ensuring a safe and healthy work environment for colleagues.
- Promotes awareness of health and safety surrounding the responsible service of alcohol.
- Conducts all necessary communication meetings.
- Lead the banqueting server team in all day-to-day operations.
- Monitors slow moving items.
- Excellent memory for guest preferences.
- Encourage and train staff to go beyond the norm for patrons through surprising and delighting.
- To demonstrate a complete understanding of all Meetings and Event’s policies and procedures and service standards.
- To have full knowledge of all menu and beverage lists and all other special promotions taking place in the hotel.
- To be able to answer any guest questions about menu items in an informative and helpful way.
- Knowledge of all menu items, garnishes, contents and preparation methods.
- Train staff on recommending food and beverages.
- Encourages camaraderie, personality and flair in the department.
- Addresses guest problems and complaints.
- Monitors and maintains the productivity level of employees.
- Coaches, guides and supports team members to ensure their capabilities and degree of professionalism meet the needs of guests and the hotel.
- Celebrates colleagues’ successes.
- Ensure compliance with all food and beverage policies and procedures.
- Communicates critical information to employees regarding daily events.
- Continually works to improve guest and employee satisfaction.
- Supports public relations opportunities to promote the hotel.
- Ensure a service-oriented culture focusing on guests’ needs
- Be well versed in the hotel’s fire and life safety emergency procedures
- Apply necessary precautions with regards to the hotel food safety and hygiene standards (HACCP)
- Build strong working relationships with other hotel departments
- Maintain the highest standard of personal appearance and cleanliness
- Perform other duties assigned by the management