Senior Sales Manager
The simple premise behind The Standard is that it is anything but. Founded in 1999, the goals of every Standard are to up the aesthetic stakes and defy convention while attending to every detail, embracing our local communities, providing a welcoming and inclusive environment for our teams, and, of course, delivering a smashing good time for our guests.
The Standard’s unique sensibility and voice, combines with careful consideration of design and service to deliver experiences that define neighborhoods and create destinations renown globally.
We believe in hospitality fueled by culture. As we take The Standard to new markets around the world, we retain and enhance our mission of creating hotels layered with personalities, collaborators, and amusements from culinary and nightlife to retail and wellness that surprise and delight our guests.
The Standard, High Line
Rising above a former elevated train line that has become downtown’s favorite public park, The Standard, High Line is in New York City’s Meatpacking District. Every one of the 338 hotel rooms features a full wall of floor-to-ceiling windows with sweeping views of Manhattan and/or the mighty Hudson River. The hotel’s inviting and scintillating public spaces include a bustling German beer garden at ground level, the rooftop discothèque Le Bain, the legendary Top of The Standard, and an outdoor public plaza with rotating art installations and activations. A neighborhood staple, The Standard Grill is classic New York blending traditional steakhouse with New American cuisine.
Our mission is to create experiences by embracing and empowering a diverse collective of team members, collaborators, and guests, who chose to call The Standard home.
The Senior Sales Manager is responsible for maximizing sales revenue from Corporate, Entertainment & Consortia segments. Achieve & maintain Sales department’s KPIs, tracking systems, databases and reports. Represent the sales department both internally and externally in a professional manner in accordance with the company standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet required individual sales goals by maximizing revenue from Corporate, Entertainment & Consortia segments.
- Meet KPIs as set by Director of Sales.
- Produce regular sales productivity reports as requested.
- Handle sales reservation requests, traces and coordination.
- Proactively solicit existing and new clients from designated market segments.
- Maintain positive guest and client relations at all times.
- Follow up on progress of booked business and key account performance.
- Assist in developing and executing team projects to increase sales activity, volume and profit.
- Manage RFP submissions and tracking (including coordinating rate loading with revenue department) for Sales department.
- Conduct sales trips, attend tradeshows, site inspections, client entertainment, FAMs as required.
- Work with Guest Experience Teams to manage Sales VIP program.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing; identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Any other task as assigned.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
- College degree in Business, Hospitality, or related field preferred.
- Hotel experience required.
- Knowledge of Opera; Lanyon; Agency360 required.
- Ability to enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Possess a gracious, friendly, and fun demeanor.
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment and have a high level of attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 15 lb. without assistance.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Remain in stationary position for extended periods of time.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary Range $90 - $110K.
- Excellent and Affordable Health care coverage.
- Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Pet Insurance.
- 401k with Company match.
- 160 hours of PTO / year and Company recognized holidays.
- Employee Discounts on Rooms, F&B, Retail, and The Standard Marketplace.
- Employee Meals, Employee Referral Program, Commuter Discounts.
- Regular fun staff events and celebrations!!!