- Assist for ensuring all staff have a sound knowledge of hotel security and emergency procedures, and that they’re fully-briefed on the importance of security and risk awareness.
- Follow and uphold proper procedures for any emergency incidents that occur in the hotel. Including Hurricane, flood and power outage.
- Uphold electronically tracked patrol system of all key areas of the hotel that are carried out periodically during every shift.
- Maintain an excellent working relationship with Management, local Police Department, Marine Patrol, Health and Fire Inspectors as well as other Government agencies and pertinent civil authorities.
- Responsible for CCTV and access control system management, coordinating all maintenance as and when required.
- Issue and control all keys, master, sub-master and hard keys for staff, and ensure accurate records are kept of all key movements.
- Assist GR Manager in providing training of MSDS, lock out tag out, and risk awareness as part of the orientation program.
- Assist Front desk, Valet, Spa, F&B and Engineering operations on a daily basis as needed.
- Investigate all alarms and comply with respective procedures on an immediate basis.
- Patrol the property with specified equipment, checking all designated points and document all actions taken in accordance with departmental standards. Review and maintain respective logs for department.
- Respond to the scene of guest/employee accident promptly; administer First Aid/C.P.R. in accordance to guidelines and comply with all departmental procedures; communicate specified information to E.M.S./medical personnel as required.
- Stay up-to-date and comply with state regulations and hotel guidelines for safety and security of guests and staff.
- Report to scenes of vehicle accidents/thefts concerning with Valet and document specified information, following department procedures.
- Review hotel status and any follow-up actions with on-coming Guest Relations Agents.
- Uphold all Hotel policies and procedures as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Other duties as assigned by the Management team.
- High School Degree or Equivalent required.
- Excellent command of the English language. Multi-lingual is preferred.
- Work efficiently; utilize multi-tasking and task prioritization skills.
- Personal comportment in line with Standard policies, standards and expectations.
- Responsible for fostering working relationships with other teams and act in a professional manner at all times.
- Frequently standing and walking throughout the property to perform patrols and be visible and available to guests and employees.
- Carrying/lifting/pushing and/or pulling items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Use a keyboard to operate various property management systems.
- Must be able to hear and speak clearly to communicate with guests and co-workers.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to walk consistently throughout an 8-10 hour work period.