The Night Auditor is responsible for reconciling all hotel cashier transactions; reviewing, organizing and compiling management reports on a timely basis and ensuring the accuracy of guest billings and city ledger transactions. He/she is also responsible for effectively communicating concerns and/or related issues to all levels of management and performing guest service agent duties as required, including check-in, check-out, switchboard operation and reservations.
· Approach all encounters with guests and team members in a friendly, serviceoriented manner.
· Maintain regular attendance in compliance with HotelCrafters’ standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
· Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working.
· Comply at all times with HotelCrafters’ standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
· Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
· Team Members must at all time be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow team members.
· Perform guest services functions as required (i.e., check guests in and out, take reservations, enter wake-up calls, etc.).
· Audit and reconcile financial and statistical reports.
· Prepare and distribute necessary daily reports as required (i.e., Daily Operating Report, Discount Programs, Tax Reports, etc.) according to hotel standards.
· Prepare and distribute month-end reports.
· Audit and reconcile all Front Desk and Food & Beverage Cashier’s work.
· Audit, reconcile, consolidate, and transmit all credit cards on a timely basis.
· Prioritize job functions in order to meet deadlines.
· Ensure accuracy of all numbers reported including statistics.
· Input and update financial information into corporate communications network.
· Perform daily, weekly, monthly and annual data processing system functions as required.
· Keep management abreast of any unusual operational or financial events and/or deviations of policies or procedures.
· Maximize productivity, identify problem areas, and assist in finding and implementing solutions.
· Respond to governmental inquiries upon receipt.
· Handle guest requests.
· Attend meetings/training as required by management.
· Perform other duties as requested by management.
· Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
· Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
· Must be able to multi task.
· Must be able to show initiative in job performance, including anticipating what needs to be done before it becomes a necessity.
· Must routinely meet deadlines.
· Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
· Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc., from disparate sources and consider, adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
· Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
· Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
· Must be willing to cross train in other accounting or hotel-related areas.
· Must be able to prioritize departmental functions in order to meet due dates and deadlines.
Education and Experience:
· High School diploma or equivalent and/or one year of progressive experience in a hotel or related filed required
· Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
· Sedentary work – exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
· Late night shifts.Apply Now