The Standard, Melbourne
Join an exciting, pre-opening Hotel to launch the most powerful international brand in the Boutique Hotel business, into the Australian Hotel scene.
The Standard is a part of Standard International – a New York based hospitality company founded in 1999. The Standard’s irreverent and playful sensibility, combined with a careful consideration of design, detail and service, have established its reputation as a pioneer of hospitality, travel, dining, nightlife and beyond.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan and undertake a range of planned and corrective maintenance duties to ensure that all of our back of house areas and public areas, along with guest rooms are maintained and presented at the highest standard.
- Respond to
and rectify emergency maintenance faults raised, prioritising those which
impact guests or guest service in the first instance; ensuring response times
are met and are followed up with the guest once complete.
Undertake regular daily patrols of the Hotel front and back of house to carry out maintenance spotting in order to identify any corrective repair works that need to be carried out; for example, the replacement of light bulbs within public areas.
Undertake ad-hoc projects, painting, light carpentry and/or special repairs work throughout the hotel to ensure that all areas are well maintained and presented.
Liaise and communicate regularly with all operation departments within the Hotel, particularly Front Office and Housekeeping, to ensure that the maintenance department is fully integrated, approachable, and aware of any maintenance issues as they arise.
- Handle any guest requests and feedback in a service orientated manner, with regard to reports of maintenance defect; escalating any situations that you are unable to resolve to your Department Head
- Participate in and undertake a range of administrative duties within the engineering office through the maintenance of control logs and Health & Safety records in order to support the function and ultimately the service provided to our guests.
- Ensure that all necessary safe operating procedures and instructions relating to Health & Safety (including the wearing of the correct PPE) for the task you are performing are followed correctly.
- Carry out all
maintenance repair work in clean and tidy manner, with particular care an
attention taken to minimise the impact of maintenance work on guests within
Project at all times, a positive attitude yet stay composed under pressurised situations in order to create good working relationships with all colleagues.
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills
- A motivated, team player with great communication with guests and colleagues alike
- “Can do” hands on approach to daily chores such as painting and fixing smaller items such as lights, taps, handles etc…
- Ability to demonstrate active leadership and coordinate and manage a team of maintenance technicians.
- Excellent planning skills with the ability to develop and implement maintenance plans, schedules, and preventative maintenance programs.
- Manage the maintenance budget effectively optimizing resource allocation and cost control.
- Ensure struct adherence to safety and environmental regulations.
- Demonstrate a collaborative approach with external vendors and contractors for specialised maintenance tasks and procurement.
- Be available for on call duty to address maintenance emergencies promptly, overseeing critical situations when required.
- Qualified tradesman in any of the following fields – Electrician, Plumber, Carpenter, Building, Air-conditioning, Painting or Refrigeration.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, standards, and codes of practice.
We are not for everyone …. but everyone is welcome.
The Standard Values
Unconventional & Compassionate | Individuality & Teamwork | Creative & Pragmatic
To apply - please email your CV and cover letter to HR - email@example.com