Room attendants are responsible for the upkeep and cleanliness of all guest rooms, for reporting any maintenance deficiencies and handling guest’s requests or complaints as well as ensure the confidentiality and security of all guest rooms. Our property is located in a very unique and beautiful island setting that requires commitment and the ability to work outdoors in all types of weather and conditions.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Responsibilities include but not limited to, general housekeeping, vacuuming, dusting, changing linens, cleaning bathrooms, etc. Strong organizational and customer service skills. Able to work unsupervised, must be focused and detailed. Able to lift, push and carry 20 pounds. Able to stand on feet for long periods of time.
- Clean guestrooms (15 per day) according to hotel expectations. Submit all guest items left behind to lost and found in a timely manner.
- Properly stock cart with cleaning supplies, amenities and linens. Safe transport of cart to assigned guest rooms. Accommodate guest requests for Housekeeping items of additional supplies in an expedient and courteous manner
- The safe and proper use of cleaning chemicals, as per OSHA regulations and hotel policy. Adhere to safety procedures whenever lifting, pushing or pulling. Always wear back support when lift, pushing or pulling.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- One to two years in a public contact position, preferably in an upscale or lifestyle brand hotel
- Possess a gracious, friendly, and fun demeanor
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment and have a high level attention to detail
- Maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments
- Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork
- Must be able to stand or walk a minimum eight-hour shift.
- Must be able observant and quick to respond to various situations while also multitasking and handling stressful situations.
- Must be able to twist, tow (push or pull), reach, bend climb and carry objects as necessary.
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to work inside and outside at all times of the year as needed, based upon business volumes.