Summary: Responsible for the oversight and accounting of all cash in the hotel. Prepares daily deposits, audits cashier drops and their banks, maintains a house bank and issues change. Oversees the proper handling of all monies by personnel in the hotel. Responsible for processing files and computer records, and cuts checks to pay invoices based on aging and approval by Controller. Organize, secure, and maintain all files, records, cash and cash equivalents in accordance with policies and procedures. Record, store, access, and/or analyze computerized financial information. Classify, code, and summarize numerical and financial data to compile and keep
General Cashier Primary Functions:
- Audit cashier banks on a monthly basis according to SOPs. Maintain, distribute, and record petty cash, cashier banks, and contracts.
- Participate in internal, external, and regulatory audit processes and ensure compliance with SOPs.
- With a witness assigned by the Controller audits the drop box on a daily basis, check the remittance envelopes to the log book, recording envelopes deposited. Open the remittance envelopes. Count the cash, checks and vouchers enclosed and verify the contents to the cashiers report on their envelopes.
- Total the envelopes and ensure the net amount deposited by the cashiers agrees to the amount of cash received.
- Document, maintain, communicate, and act upon all Cash Variances according to SOPs. Act as liaison between property and armored car service or primary banking institution.
- Prepare bank deposit, seeing all receipts are deposited intact daily.
- Prepare General Cashier’s Summary Report.
- Pay Petty Cash vouchers upon the approval of the General Manager, or Controller, as required.
- Count and balance the house bank daily and give a copy of it to the Controller. Maintains adequate supplies of change for the cashiers.
- Pay out due backs to cashiers and ensure their signature acknowledging receipt of the cash is obtained.
- Responsible for issuing banks upon the approval of the Controller, ensuring that a signed contract is received from the person receiving the money.
- Examine all checks for restrictive endorsement and, if this is missing, restrictively endorse them.
- Prepare petty cash vouchers for reimbursement and turn them to the Accounts Payable clerk at least once twice a month
- Any other duties as assigned.
Account Payable Clerk Primary Functions:
- Matching complete Purchase Order’s with invoices – checking quantities, prices and approvals before vouchering
- Ensure the accurate and timely completion of all functions relating to Accounts Payable; including computer input and initiation of reports, as required
- Verifying totals of food and liquor invoices submitted prior to vouchering
- Files vouchers in alphabetical order after inputting into the computer
- Match checks to vouchers and back-up before submitting for signature
- Stuff and mail all Accounts Payable checks
- Maintain computer reports in appropriate binders
- Ensure debit/credit memos of discrepancies are attached to each check mailed
- Ensures all Accounts Payable checks requiring 1099 forms are completed and filed for year-end reporting
- Responsible for calls requesting information on outstanding invoices
- Invoices, which do not warrant a Purchase Order, are sent to the Department Head or the Controller for approval
- Photocopies all appropriate backup material to be inserted into the General Ledger reconciliation books
- Assist the Controller or Income Auditor with information for analysis submitted with General Ledger and P&L at the end of month
- On a yearly basis, removes prior year’s payment/vouchers from file and storage
- Comply with all correspondence and filing with vouchers at year-end
- Notifies immediate supervisors promptly and fully of all problems or unusual matters of significance
- Trace all authorized service and contract payments and process payments according to contracted due dates
- Create new vendor accounts in system and updated vendor master accounts
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned by Controller or Income Auditor.
- Print travel agency commissions detail report.
- High school graduate or Equivalent education.
- Two years of Accounting experience required.
- Proficiency in Excel, Birchstreet, Data Plus and SAP are strongly preferred.
- Ability to communicate in English with guests/visitors/vendors and hotel staff to their understanding.
- Ability to provide legible communication.
- Ability to compute mathematical calculations.
- Experience with computers, calculators or and Microsoft Office.
- Fluency in a second language, preferably Spanish.
- Ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision.
- Ability to remain stationary at assigned post for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work cohesively with other departments and co-workers as part of a team
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Periodical bending, kneeling is required. Occasionally required to pull, push, move, carry and lift at least 10 pounds of force.
- Must be able to seize, grasp, turn, write, type and hold objects with hands.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to hear and speak clearly to communicate with guests and co-workers.