Summary of Position:
This position is responsible for management of The Standard, Bangkok Mahanakhon Marketing Department; Developing and promoting online and offline programs; identifying the right communication vehicles to maximize engagement and reach to a culturally-savvy, brand-aligned global and local audience. The role will collaborate closely with the hotel’s General Manager, Culture Director, and Corporate Sales & Marketing departments to complement and carry forward The Standard’s brand story in the most meaningful manner that is relevant to its local community. The position is responsible to market both the hotel and food & beverage operations. A critical aspect for the role will be to lead all marketing and communication to ensure a successful opening of The Standard, Bangkok Mahanakhon in December 2021 and introducing The Standard brand to a brand-new region and audience in their Asia Flagship hotel.
- Discover new & nurture existing relationships with local partners that bring both culturally relevant and brand-aligned events and activations to the property that create ancillary revenue, grow audience, introduce the brand to new guests and create press value.
- Oversee the local execution of large-scale brand collaborations.
- Manage communication, promotion, and invite lists for key programming events.
- Support F&B department with programming events and execution.
- Field and analyze new events and partnership requests for initial review.
- Have a strong understanding and influence within the social and cultural scene in Bangkok and beyond. Act as a cultural ambassador for the property to continue to create activations and partnerships that make The Standard a cultural hub and leader within the industry.
SOCIAL MEDIA/WEBSITE MAINTENANCE
- Manage digital media presence and content for property: company website, third party sites, OTA visuals/copy.
- Oversee all social media initiatives for the property including Facebook, Instagram, Line.
- Manage social media advertising campaigns and efforts alongside Corporate Digital Marketing team.
- Regularly monitor and update all Events, Specials, Packages and property information on the hotel website.
- Work with Sales and Revenue departments in order to regularly create packages, promotions, and offers in order to ensure hotel meets revenue and reaches new audiences while maintaining brand standards.
- Ability to analyze and report KPI to discover best practices and shift efforts accordingly.
- Manage all promotional packages/campaigns including requesting creative, drafting the communication plan and recap analysis.
- Work with the corporate digital marketing teams to manage all digital marketing efforts, including PPC and other conversion driven digital advertisements.
- Support F&B and Events departments with promotion creation, execution and communications and digital presence for all F&B venues on property.
- Oversee all hotel Media/PR requests.
- Work directly with PR companies to ensure all daily property initiatives in terms of hotel and F&B operations and activations are communicated in a timely manner.
- Oversee all photo and film shoot requests and work with corporate office for approval and execution with the hotel. Work directly with the property departments to effectively execute the shoot and all its needs.
- Scheduling and maintaining photography for property events and updated stock photography working alongside corporate brand and art direction teams.
- Oversee and be accountable for on-property programming, marketing, advertising and photo budgets.
- Work with corporate office to ensure inclusion of all major hotel activities on Standard Culture and Instagram channels. Communicate and educate all corporate office initiatives to the property.
- Generate comprehensive recaps for key initiatives.
- Oversee and establish all trade/barter agreements for the hotel.
- Oversee all hotel communication (flyers, signs, eblast etc.) – work in parallel with the in-house design team, respective department and the corporate office.
- Any other tasks as assigned.
- At least 7 years of experience in similar position.
- Managerial and supervisory skills.
- Work well under pressure, attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- Maintain confidentiality of client/guest information and pertinent hotel data.
- Must possess excellent communication and organizational skills.
- General understanding of the PR/Media landscape.
- Strong local connection within Thai cultural industries (music, art, film, fashion, etc.).