The VP, F&B is responsible for creating, communicating and guiding high-level F&B vision companywide. This role oversees all aspects of F&B including, but not limited to concepts, product, quality control, standards, and high-level departmental management. This role provides support and guidance to key F&B Management positions, such as F&B Director and Executive Chef in order to ensure compliance with Company Standards including SOP’s, policies, procedures, health & safety, sanitation and alcohol awareness.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee and support the Company’s Restaurants and F&B Venues.
- Review & support strategic and operational plans within the properties. Set goals, monitor execution, and measure results, communicating updates with President and/or COO.
- Monitor budgets, review financial transactions, support Company growth goals.
- Recruit, train, and develop F&B Department Heads to Company standards.
- Support properties to troubleshoot issues and look for operational opportunities.
- Work closely with the Culinary team in planning menus and food utilization for each individual venue based on anticipated number of guests, nutritional value, palatability, popularity, and costs.
- Review menu and analyze recipes to determine labor and overhead costs. Assign prices to menu items with property Exec Chef & F&B Director.
- Partner with property Finance to review menu trends and productivity. Collect property trend report on a bi-weekly basis to present to CEO and President.
- Review annual revenue and cost projections, review and revise on a quarterly basis with SIM Finance team & Property leadership teams.
- Develop and maintain effective communication with key stakeholders on property.
- Drive the creative output of the F&B team for new Hotel projects, and support existing property outlet concepting.
- Guide the creative integrity of The Standard Hotels F&B menus.
- Provide creative vision and tangible guidance to the Exec Chef on menu direction to ensure brand and concept alignment at all times.
- Travel to
prospective new Hotel project sites to gain insight and inspiration into local
market, gaps, opportunities, meet owners, etc.
Participate in all new Hotel project launches to provide perspective on high level F&B vision from project commencement.
- Coordinate with the Design team to develop all F&B areas for new projects; participating in all meetings where F&B areas are reviewed.
- Lead collaboration efforts with Operations and Finance teams to ensure that concepts for new Hotel projects, and existing project re-concepts, are sound from an operational and financial perspective.
- Development planning, project management, equipment & plans review (furniture, kitchen, bar plans); with designated kitchen consultants.
- Own design of new F&B outlets, from kitchen and bar design/layout to floorplan layout and service flow.
- Participate in POB & Proforma discussions.
- Follow directions and tasks assigned by CEO and/or President.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
- Minimum of 7 years F&B management experience.
- Minimum of 3 years leading a multi property organization at a Director level.
- Hospitality operations guru; Knowledge of current trends and compliance.
- Pre/Post Opening experience.
- Project Management experience.
- Outstanding communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
- Computer proficient.
- Sound decision making; the calm in the storm.
- Act with integrity & confidence; our reputation is paramount to our success.
- Ability to manage change effectively.
- Proven leadership that helps the company achieve its overall performance and profit goals and inspires and motivates the team.
- Highly motivated and pro-active; act with professionalism and positivity in all interactions.
- Ability to deliver high and consistent service standards.
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment and have a high-level attention to detail.
- Flexibility to work a varied schedule, which may include weekends and holidays.