This position is responsible for supporting the finance operation in areas that include payroll, accounts payable, tax filings, audits, month end, and projects as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Update cashflow based on bank activity.
- Maintain accurate accounts receivable ageing, record journal entries.
- Prepare wires.
- Daily revenue dashboard data entry.
Weekly / Bi-Weekly
- Process Payroll, create Payroll Journal using template and post to Accounting system.
- Export data and code based on general ledger.
- Prepare monthly invoices for services rendered.
- Prepare monthly invoices and corresponding backup for reimbursable expenses.
- Expense report submissions and review for executive.
- Assist with month end closing for retail entity.
- Quarterly sales tax filings for retail entity.
- Audit assistance (pulling invoices, backup, general reports).
- Training other employees on how to use software (Purchasing, Expense Reports).
- Maintain (add/update) vendors in Purchasing & Accounting software.
- Systems access review (ensure active employees are up to date, inactivate or issue new logins).
- AP invoice entry backup or assistance.
- Flexibility, we have hotels that from time to time need an extra set of hands to help on projects.
- Ad Hoc support to Finance Team (Director, VP, CFO).
- Follows direction and task assigned by Manager.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
- 4+ years’ hotel finance experience, payroll experience preferred.
- Outstanding communication skills in English, both written and verbal. Multilingual Preferred.
- Computer proficient, Excel better than proficient.
- Sound decision making; the calm in the storm.
- Act with integrity & confidence; our reputation is paramount to our success.
- Ability to manage change effectively.
- Highly motivated and pro-active; act with professionalism and positivity in all interactions.
- Ability to deliver high and consistent service standards.
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment and have a high-level attention to detail.