Job Purpose:The Director, Global Sales - Europe is primarily responsible for leading European based sales efforts in relation to Corporate, Consortia & MICE segments to maximize revenue opportunities for all Standard Hotels. This is a remote position with the expectation of regular travel. They will work with the VP, Global Sales to deliver on the company’s overall sales plans. Considering this is a new role, we are looking for a self- starter with proven record of proactive sales efforts in order to develop their own account list along with consistently seek opportunities to obtain new accounts. They will be an industry expert in order to provide market updates, support and training as it relates to their market segment to peers and the on-property teams.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maximize revenue opportunities from managed Corporate & MICE accounts.
- Establish list of global accounts within the Corporate & MICE sectors and consistently be proactive in finding new accounts.
- Handle all sales efforts in relation to managed accounts such as (but not limited to) contracting, sales calls, marketing opportunities.
- Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
- Provide market intelligence and support to hotels.
- Achieve goals and KPIs as set forth by VP, Global Sales.
- Maintain detailed & timely records of sales actions within company software (such as CRM, analytics tools, etc.).
- Actively patriciate in promoting company’s various programs & initiatives, in particular those relating to managed segment.
- Work with marketing department where necessary to plan and direct campaigns promoting managed segment.
- Develops and executes annual sales plan for managed market segment.
- Maintain personal budgets & expenses to ensure it follows the overall global sales budget.
- Work with on-property sales teams to give regular updates and assistance with managed accounts in effort to maximize revenue potential.
- Follows direction and tasks assigned.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
- 6+ years’ Sales experience.
- Outstanding communication skills in English, both written and verbal. Multilingual Preferred.
- Computer proficient.
- Sound decision making; the calm in the storm.
- Act with integrity & confidence; our reputation is paramount to our success.
- Ability to manage change effectively.
- Proven leadership that helps the company achieve its overall performance and profit goals and inspires and motivates the team.
- Highly motivated and pro-active; act with professionalism and positivity in all interactions.
- Ability to deliver high and consistent service standards.
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment and have a high-level attention to detail.
- Flexibility to work a varied schedule, which may include weekends and holidays.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.