Our mission is to provide creatively inspired hospitality that successfully achieves the best in hotel service but also delivers unforgettable experiences fueled by culture for our guests and local communities—always leaving people with surprise and delight.
We bring these promises to life by embracing and empowering a diverse collective of team members, collaborators and guests that choose to call The Standard home.
We are anything but standard. Our DNA is unconventional, dynamic and irreverent.
Unconventional: “That's the way it is
done” mentality is never the answer.
Dynamic: We give guests what they want before they know they need it
Irreverent: Play is always just important as stay.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
· Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
· Maintain complete knowledge of property management system and manual procedures.
· Maintain accurate files on all work.
· Oversee the Purchasing, Receiving, and Inventory functions for all departments.
· The ability to monitor trends in the marketplace and implement cost saving plans for all departments.
· The ability to locate vendors of materials, equipment or supplies and interview them in order to determine product availability and terms of sales
· Manage relations with offsite storage facilities; coordinate pick-ups / drop-offs when required
· Review, evaluate, and approve specifications for issuing and awarding bids
· Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders to supplies and equipment while maintaining organized records of goods ordered and received
· The ability to ensure the safeguarding of all hotel property and inventory.
· The ability to cost recipes, and apply to menu pricing.
· Prepare monthly theoretical food and beverage cost of sales.
· Monitor food and beverage inventories, cost of sales, and the internal cost controls.
· The ability to assist in the month end accounting closing process
· Ensure proper storage and issuance of all purchased items.
· The ability to monitor cost trends and effectively manage cost controls with appropriate management teams.
· The ability to provide information to coworkers and suppliers in ways they can understand and take action as demanded by the Company.
Standard High Line Employer, LLC (the “Company”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions are to be made without regard to race, color, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, religion, creed, marital status, transgender status partnership status, familial status, national origin/ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, unemployment status, mental or physical disability or medical condition, handicap, military status, veteran’s status, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, status as a victim of sex offenses or stalking, employment status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. We endeavor to select, place, train, and promote the best qualified individuals based upon job-related factors such as ability, work quality, suitability, experience, and potential.