Our mission is to provide creatively inspired hospitality that successfully achieves the best in hotel service but also delivers unforgettable experiences fueled by culture for our guests and local communities—always leaving people with surprise and delight.
We bring these promises to life by embracing and empowering a diverse collective of team members, collaborators and guests that choose to call The Standard home.
We are anything but standard. Our DNA is unconventional, dynamic and irreverent.
Unconventional: “That's the way it is
done” mentality is never the answer.
Dynamic: We give guests what they want before they know they need it
Irreverent: Play is always just important as stay.
The HR Coordinator for The Standard, High Line is a representative of the Human Resources Department that facilitates all HR functions and processes. The HR Coordinator provides administrative support to the HR Manager on all personnel matters and assists with new hire processing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
- Benefits administration: Administer all employee benefits in accordance with established procedures and maintain benefits records.
- Reports: Ensure all bi-weekly/monthly/quarterly reports are sent regularly and in a timely manner. This includes amongst others: New Hires, Terminations, Worker’s Compensation, Employee Status, Benefits.
- New Hire process: ensuring that the new hire process is carried out in accordance with the hotel policy and procedures. This includes reference checks, background checks, I-9 verification and filing the documentation.
- Organization and assisting in employee relations.
- File maintenance: Maintain and keep all employees file ensuring compliance with the local and federal laws.
- Administering health and welfare plans, including enrollments, changes and terminations
Qualifications and Requirements:
Throughout the hotel we actively seek to employ a unique, diverse and thoughtful group of people that are committed to delivering our unconventional brand of hospitality while also growing with us:
- They are committed to and fully comprehend the idea of being of service;
- They do not just delight guests, but excite them–by creating unique, unexpected & memorable experiences;
- They are ambitious, vibrant and social/friendly individuals;
- They genuinely embrace diversity in all forms, interested to have people from all race and gender to be their friend;
- They encourage genuine relationships with guests that enable them to not only preempt needs but foresee desires;
- They have personality and depth;
- They have a desire and unyielding appetite for learning & knowledge—being in-the-know with what is happening in the city and around the world;
- They are creative in areas like music, cinema, art, performance, fashion, design, tech and business;
- They are engaging, socially adept and solution-based individuals able to navigate the scene with confidence and ease;
- They are able to entertain guests in a compassionate, respectful and meaningful manner;
- They are authentically themselves;
- They want to play a role in constructing a kinder and better world.
- College degree
- One (1) year or more years of experience in Human Resources and at least one (1) year of experience in hotels.
- Knowledge of government labor regulations
- Knowledge of employee benefits processing
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English. Multilingual is a plus but not required.
- Satisfactorily communicate with guests, employees and management to their understanding.
- Ability to work with a computer
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 15 lb. without assistance.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Remain in stationary position for extended periods of time.
Standard High Line Employer, LLC (the “Company”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions are to be made without regard to race, color, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, religion, creed, marital status, transgender status partnership status, familial status, national origin/ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, unemployment status, mental or physical disability or medical condition, handicap, military status, veteran’s status, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, status as a victim of sex offenses or stalking, employment status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. We endeavor to select, place, train, and promote the best qualified individuals based upon job-related factors such as ability, work quality, suitability, experience, and potential.