Our mission is to provide creatively inspired hospitality that successfully achieves the best in hotel service but also delivers unforgettable experiences fueled by culture for our guests and local communities—always leaving people with surprise and delight.
We bring these promises to life by embracing and empowering a diverse collective of team members, collaborators and guests that choose to call The Standard home.
We are anything but standard. Our DNA is unconventional, dynamic and irreverent.
Unconventional: “That's the way it is
done” mentality is never the answer.
Dynamic: We give guests what they want before they know they need it
Irreverent: Play is always just important as stay.
Perform tasks to maintain public areas and the hotel premises in general in a clean and orderly manner. Demonstrates a professional, friendly, warm and welcoming demeanor to all guests and employees
Throughout the hotel we actively seek to employ a unique, diverse and thoughtful group of people that are committed to delivering our unconventional brand of hospitality while also growing with us.
They are committed to and fully comprehend the idea of being
· They do not just delight guests, but excite them–by creating unique, unexpected & memorable experiences;
· They are ambitious, vibrant and social/friendly individuals;
· They genuinely embrace diversity in all forms, interested to have people from all race and gender to be their friend;
· They encourage genuine relationships with guests that enable them to not only preempt needs but foresee desires;
· They have personality and depth;
· They have a desire and unyielding appetite for learning & knowledge—being in-the-know with what is happening in the city and around the world;
· They are creative in areas like music, cinema, art, performance, fashion, design, tech and business;
· They are engaging, socially adept and solution-based individuals able to navigate the scene with confidence and ease;
· They are able to entertain guests in a compassionate, respectful and meaningful manner;
· They are authentically themselves;
· They want to play a role in constructing a kinder and better world.
- Physical mobility and stamina required, ability to follow instruction, detail-oriented, professional attitude is required, ability to work independently.
- Requires standing for long periods of time, it may be also required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Be able to complete the assigned daily task.
- Proven job reliability, diligence, dedication and attention to detail.
- Must be flexible with working nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Good communication in English needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Vacuum, shampoo and extract rugs and carpets.
- Clean public areas, offices, public restrooms and sidewalk around the hotel. Periodically disinfect elevator buttons/panels, door handles, and any other surface guest touches.
- Disinfect all equipments and devices at the beginning and ending of shift
- Knowledge of OSHA and safety standards within Housekeeping department.
- Deep clean guest rooms, polish, squeegee windows, high dusting, move furniture, bed mattresses etc.
- Collect garbage and soiled linen, count and keep record of count.
- Receive linen supplies from laundry, count and stock linen closets on guest floors in a neat organized manner.
- Receive housekeeping supplies and amenities, stock closets on guest floors in a neat and organized manner.
- Strip soiled linen from beds when asked to help Room Attendants.
- Walk all assigned floors at beginning, throughout the day and end of shift to collect trash, soiled linen and other items as assigned by management.
- Clean and maintain Housekeeping storages organized at all times.
- Provide weekly and monthly inventory of all items (linen, terry, amenities, cleaning supplies and equipment) to management, report any shortage.
- Help the Room Attendants with heavy lifting and special cleaning projects as directed.
- Report missing / found articles, damage or merchandise problems to the housekeeping managers.
- Respond at all times in a friendly, helpful and timely manner to guests requests.
- Handle any tasks assigned by the Managers as and when needed.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. This job description reflects the job content at the time of writing and will be subject to periodic change in light of changing operational and environmental requirements. Such changes will be discussed with the job holder and the job description amended accordingly. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.
Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel which may include overtime, weekends and holidays. The employee will carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by the line manager or Head of Department.
Standard High Line Employer, LLC (the “Company”)
is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions are to be made
without regard to race, color, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, pregnancy, religion, creed, marital status, transgender
status partnership status, familial status, national origin/ancestry, alienage
or citizenship status, unemployment status, mental or physical disability or
medical condition, handicap, military status, veteran’s status, genetic
information, status as a victim of domestic violence, status as a victim of sex
offenses or stalking, employment status, or any other status protected by
federal, state, or local law. We endeavor to select, place, train, and promote
the best qualified individuals based upon job-related factors such as ability, work
quality, suitability, experience, and potential.