Our mission is to provide creatively inspired hospitality that successfully achieves the best in hotel service but also delivers unforgettable experiences fueled by culture for our guests and local communities—always leaving people with surprise and delight.
We bring these promises to life by embracing and empowering a diverse collective of team members, collaborators and guests that choose to call The Standard home.
We are anything but standard. Our DNA is unconventional, dynamic and irreverent.
Unconventional: “That's the way it is
done” mentality is never the answer.
Dynamic: We give guests what they want before they know they need it
Irreverent: Play is always just important as stay.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Maintain complete awareness of:
o Scheduled group activities and house count
o Hotel facilities and services
o Hours of operation
o Facility layout
o Fire and emergency plans
o Department rules of conduct
- Review department log records and be familiar with pertinent information relevant to all daily shifts. Review the hotel status and follow up actions with all shift agents
- Issue keys and equipment to designated hotel personnel. Maintain accurate records and ensure the safekeeping of such in accordance to hotel procedures.
- Ensure all non-hotel personnel arriving at employee entrance are properly documented while on property according to hotel policy
- Supervise the inspection of employee packages, purses, bags, etc. as employees enter or leave the property as designated by hotel policy
- Provide escorts for employees in accordance with departmental standards
- Ensure that after-hours access into secured hotel areas are properly authorized, monitored and documented in accordance with hotel standards
- Handle deliveries received during non-business hours following hotel procedures
- Work with outside agencies (i.e., police, fire department, and emergency services) cooperatively and follow established hotel regulations
- Coordinate emergency situations as specified in departmental manual
- Contact the Director of Security/Guest Relations immediately for emergency situations as specified in departmental manual
- Monitor surveillance cameras
- Investigate all alarms and comply with respective procedures
- Patrol the property with specified equipment, checking all designated points and document all actions taken in accordance with departmental standards. Review Deggy logs for all agents.
- Resolve safety hazard situations
- Ensure all guest room doors are secured; assist guests with room access in accordance with hotel procedures
- Challenge suspicious persons on hotel property in accordance with departmental procedures
- Conduct designated investigations of theft or lost items, noise, and assault complaints, food poisoning and other guest complains; complete documented reports in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Responsible for properly handling and documenting any and all lost or missing items from Hotel Guests, employees or visitors
- Respond to the scene of guest/employee accident promptly; administer first aid/CPR in accordance to guidelines and comply with all departmental procedures; communicate specified information to EMS/medical personnel as required
- Comply with state regulations and hotel guidelines for handling intoxicated guests
- Report to scenes of vehicle accidents/thefts concerning with valet and document specified information, following department procedures
- Document, organize, and store all lost and found items given to Guest Relations; document guest inquires for lost items and coordinate return of lost items to guests in accordance with hotel procedures
- Maintain confidentiality of all incidents and hotel reports/documents; release information only to authorized individuals.
- Promote positive relations with guests and employees alike
- Accommodate all guest requests courteously
- Answer the departmental telephone within 2 rings, using proper salutations and telephone etiquette
- Communicate by radio with designated reports as specified in departmental guidelines
- Document all pertinent information in the “Daily log”
- Complete all paperwork and closing duties before leaving
- Review hotel status and any follow-up actions with on-coming Guest Relations Agent
- Uphold all hotel policies and procedures as outlined in the employee handbook
- Observe and report any and all actions, incidents, events and behaviors to the director of Guest Relations