Our mission is to provide creatively inspired hospitality that successfully achieves the best in hotel service but also delivers unforgettable experiences fueled by culture for our guests and local communities—always leaving people with surprise and delight.
We bring these promises to life by embracing and empowering a diverse collective of team members, collaborators and guests that choose to call The Standard home.
We are anything but standard. Our DNA is unconventional, dynamic and irreverent.
Unconventional: “That's the way it is
done” mentality is never the answer.
Dynamic: We give guests what they want before they know they need it
Irreverent: Play is always just important as stay.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary liaison between guests and The Standard
- Participate in New Hire Orientation
- Review today, next day arrivals (three days on the weekends), and all departures to research guest information and update guest profiles in Opera and Cendyn
- Communicate with Sales and Marketing team any arriving, in house, or departed guests that might be of interest of the brand or potential frequent clients
- Prepare VIP reports and distribute to the corporate office and hotel
- Assign VIP rooms and communicate with all departments
- Participate in daily staff line ups
- Possess the ability to assist staff in all job responsibilities – including break coverage.
- Prepare requests for VIP amenities and ensure communication within all departments for proper delivery, proper placing and look, tracking, and retrieval
- Assist merging profiles
- Consistently communicate with peers with all other properties to share information, initiatives and information about our guests.
- Review and maintain all email communication to our guests.
- Welcome and greet guests, provide property tours, share the knowledge of our brand
- Assist to maintain the proper Vibe in all public areas, including lighting, music, etc
- Attend morning meetings
- Address guests complaints
- Taste the employee meals for quality control
- Walking public areas being the Standard Ambassador and ensuring guests are having a great experience
- Contact VIP and loyal guests of the brand with pre and post departure emails
- Assist with all aspects of new hire integration into the Front Office department = initial orientation, uniform, training schedule, provide & review all necessary material for training, perform progress evaluations every 30 days for first 90 days (written tests, etc)
- Maintain Concierge database and prepare Where We Go documents for our guests
- Oversee Quality program. Conduct weekly meeting with corresponsponding departments. Review and respond to guest reviews on Trip Advisor with a focus on decreasing hotel score
- Be the point of contact for ownership reservations and requests.
Shared Managerial Responsibilities:
· Cover FOM shifts when needed
- Develop and maintain operational standards for all areas of the Front Office = Front Desk, Valet, Reservations
- Support and promote all hotel and company programs, policies and procedures
- Assist in creating a positive team-oriented environment that focuses on the guest, through employee development and motivation
- Coach employees how to effectively handle problem resolution
- Build morale and spirit in conjunction with our cultural aspect
- Respond properly in any emergency or safety situation involving the hotel and its guests
- Actively participate in and attend meetings as requested
- Handle projects as assigned to their completion. Must be proactive & take initiative
- Review and obtain feedback from the employees
- Perform other duties as required
· Education: Bachelor’s degree in hotel Management/Business Administration, plus five years Front office/Guest Service experience including management experience, or an equivalent
· combination of education and experience. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
· Frequently standing up behind the desk and front office areas
· Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
· Handling various objects
· Use a keyboard to operate various property management and reservations systems, etc.
· Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests and employees.
· Must be able to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
· Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently.
· Ability to travel to attend workshops, specialized training and/or certifications, etc.
· Prior work experience in a related area
· College degree or currently studying hospitality, business, management
Standard High Line Employer, LLC (the “Company”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions are to be made without regard to race, color, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, religion, creed, marital status, transgender status partnership status, familial status, national origin/ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, unemployment status, mental or physical disability or medical condition, handicap, military status, veteran’s status, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, status as a victim of sex offenses or stalking, employment status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. We endeavor to select, place, train, and promote the best qualified individuals based upon job-related factors such as ability, work quality, suitability, experience, and potential.