Our mission is to create experiences by embracing and empowering a diverse collective of team members, collaborators, and guests, who chose to call The Standard home.
Food & Beverage
Direct: Director of Food & Beverage
Internal: Department Managers, Culinary Team, Accounting Staff, and Executive Committee Members.
External: Outside vendors
Job involves working:
· Under variable temperature conditions (heat or cold).
· Under variable noise levels.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
· Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of office equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
· Anticipate floor management needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all requests, however busy and whatever time of day.
· Maintain positive employee relations at all times.
· Processing of payroll for all F&B employees
· Enrollment for any new hires to include fingerprint enrollment in TimePro
· Paychecks distribution and organization
· Complete all Purchasing Orders for entire F&B department
· Provide assistance in sourcing any products for F&B
· Assist with menu printing and design for all F&B venues
· Assist with online reservations and seven rooms reservation system
· Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned office work areas.
· Maintain complete knowledge of computer system and manual procedures.
· Set up and organize workstation with designated supplies, forms and resource materials; maintain cleanliness at all times. Report shortages to supervisor.
· Update menu descriptions
· Order and maintain proper pars of all office supplies
· Prepare training manuals for staff
· Prepare/grade tests for staff
· Maintain employee attendance records
· DAF organization
· Assist with special projects
· Assist all F&B managers with calendar appointments, organization of interviews, HR follow up
· Assist the Food and Beverage Team in tasks not listed above as required
Qualifications and Requirements:
Throughout the hotel we actively seek to employ a unique, diverse and thoughtful group of people that are committed to delivering our unconventional brand of hospitality while also growing with us.
· They are committed to and fully comprehend the idea of being of service;
· They do not just delight guests, but excite them–by creating unique, unexpected & memorable experiences;
· They are ambitious, vibrant and social/friendly individuals;
· They genuinely embrace diversity in all forms, interested to have people from all race and gender to be their friend;
· They encourage genuine relationships with guests that enable them to not only preempt needs but foresee desires;
· They have personality and depth;
· They have a desire and unyielding appetite for learning & knowledge—being in-the-know with what is happening in the city and around the world;
· They are creative in areas like music, cinema, art, performance, fashion, design, tech and business;
· They are engaging, socially adept and solution-based individuals able to navigate the scene with confidence and ease;
· They are able to entertain guests in a compassionate, respectful and meaningful manner;
· They are authentically themselves;
· They want to play a role in constructing a kinder and better world.
- Must possess advanced computational ability and math skills, including analysis and reporting capabilities. Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other office programs is required.
- Advanced Knowledge of TimePro, Hot Schedules, and BirchStreet are a plus. Two years of Math or other Payroll function experience required.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to learn and perform all essential job functions accurately and safely.
- The ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling, walking and lifting.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Standard High Line Employer, LLC (the “Company”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions are to be made without regard to race, color, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, religion, creed, marital status, transgender status partnership status, familial status, national origin/ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, unemployment status, mental or physical disability or medical condition, handicap, military status, veteran’s status, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, status as a victim of sex offenses or stalking, employment status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. We endeavor to select, place, train, and promote the best qualified individuals based upon job-related factors such as ability, work quality, suitability, experience, and potential.