Our mission is to create experiences by
embracing and empowering a diverse collective of team members, collaborators,
and guests, who chose to call The Standard home.
Provide administrative support to the Events department to maximize sales revenue across multiple market segments including corporate, groups, consortia and retail. Maintain department’s tracking systems, databases and reports. Represent the events department both internally and externally in a professional manner in accordance with the company standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Supporting the Events Team in sending reservation quotes & inputting detailed information into our operating systems
· Office administration (accounting, office supplies, meeting room requests, show room requests, sales/marketing gift inventory);
· Host site inspections as required;
· Capturing client information on initial inquiries by phone or email and passing to the appropriate person
· Handling menu changes and printing of menus
· Preparing BEOs for meetings and updating as necessary
· Sending daily notification of events and updating property on events
· Organizing payment via systems
· Floor plan production
· Vendor sourcing and quote requests
· Load in coordination
· Assist in coordinating, tracking and booking all reservations/agreements - both internal and external
· Support Director of Events on all administrative tasks related to the Events department including sharing any relevant communication with other departments
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
Throughout the hotel we actively seek to employ a unique, diverse and thoughtful group of people that are committed to delivering our unconventional brand of hospitality while also growing with us:
· They are committed to and fully comprehend the idea of being of service;
· They do not just delight guests, but excite them-by creating unique, unexpected & memorable experiences;
· They are ambitious, vibrant and social/friendly individuals;
· They genuinely embrace diversity in all forms, interested to have people from all race and gender to be their friend;
· They encourage genuine relationships with guests that enable them to not only preempt needs but foresee desires;
· They have personality and depth;
· They have a desire and unyielding appetite for learning & knowledge-being in-the-know with what is happening in the city and around the world;
· They are creative in areas like music, cinema, art, performance, fashion, design, tech and business;
· They are engaging, socially adept and solution-based individuals able to navigate the scene with confidence and ease;
· They are able to entertain guests in a compassionate, respectful and meaningful manner;
· They are authentically themselves;
· They want to play a role in constructing a kinder and better world.
· College degree in Business, Hospitality, or related field preferred;
· Hotel experience preferred;
· Knowledge of Opera, Delphi, Cendyn preferred;
· Ability to enter and locate work related information using computers and/or point of sale systems;
· Possess a gracious, friendly, and fun demeanor;
· Ability to multitask, work in a fast paced environment and have a high level of attention to detail;
· Strong verbal and written communication skills in English;
· Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork.
· Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 lb. without assistance.
· Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
· Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
· Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
· Remain in stationary position for extended periods of time.