Our mission is to provide creatively inspired hospitality that successfully achieves the best in hotel service but also delivers unforgettable experiences fueled by culture for our guests and local communities—always leaving people with surprise and delight.
We bring these promises to life by embracing and empowering a diverse collective of team members, collaborators and guests that choose to call The Standard home.
We are anything but standard. Our DNA is unconventional, dynamic and irreverent.
Unconventional: “That's the way it is
done” mentality is never the answer.
Dynamic: We give guests what they want before they know they need it
Irreverent: Play is always just important as stay.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Trained in safety procedures and compliant with all safety regulations
· Extensive prior plumbing, carpentry, and electrical background a must.
· Knowledge and aptitude using all power tools.
· Ability to multitask and complete several various assignments daily.
· Flexibility to work days, nights and or weekends.
· Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
· Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
· Receive daily work assignments from Chief Engineer/Supervisor and review priorities and special projects.
· Organize materials, tools and equipment to perform daily assignments.
· Check work orders and night report for any problems. Make rounds checking these problem areas and note any information needed or safety concerns in the hotel.
· Exert physical effort in transporting heavy objects.
· Satisfactorily communicate with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding.
· Conduct room inspections and identify repair needs.
· Install or repair sheet rock and other wall coverings.
· Paint designated areas and items.
· Install and replace basic electrical fixtures, replace light switches, receptacles, and light bulbs.
· Repair furniture.
· Install, replace, and program televisions.
· Perform minor plumbing functions.
· Replace and repair heating and cooling pumps as well as preventative maintenance on units.
· Trace and repair all types of water lines.
· Troubleshoot and repair kitchen equipment.
· Maintain repair and preventative maintenance records.
· Perform and maintain work to local, state and Federal codes.
· Be aware of guest satisfaction scores and work toward increasing departmental and overall guest satisfaction.
· Work as a bell attendant in the event of staffing shortages or during peak check in/out periods.
· Follow Service Recovery Guidelines.
· Follow sustainability guidelines and practices.
· Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and comply with MSDS and OSHA standards.
· Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
· Perform other duties as requested by management.
Standard High Line Employer, LLC (the “Company”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions are to be made without regard to race, color, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, religion, creed, marital status, transgender status partnership status, familial status, national origin/ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, unemployment status, mental or physical disability or medical condition, handicap, military status, veteran’s status, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, status as a victim of sex offenses or stalking, employment status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. We endeavor to select, place, train, and promote the best qualified individuals based upon job-related factors such as ability, work quality, suitability, experience, and potential.Apply Now