Our mission is to provide creatively inspired hospitality that successfully achieves the best in hotel service but also delivers unforgettable experiences fueled by culture for our guests and local communities—always leaving people with surprise and delight.
We bring these promises to life by embracing and empowering a diverse collective of team members, collaborators and guests that choose to call The Standard home.
We are anything but standard. Our DNA is unconventional, dynamic and irreverent.
Unconventional: “That's the way it is
done” mentality is never the answer.
Dynamic: We give guests what they want before they know they need it
Irreverent: Play is always just important as stay.
Bartenders are responsible for all aspects of guest relations service behind bar and related bar areas, including general upkeep of bar and providing swift, uniform and consistent service.
o Able to work standing for a minimum period of 8 hours a day
o Periodical bending, kneeling, and stretching
o Able to pull, push, carry and lift at least 40 pounds of force
o Must be able to seize, grasp, turn and hold objects with hands
o Frequently required to work in a limited physical space with variable atmospheric conditions including the following areas: ventilation, lighting, smoke, and temperature.
· Excellent knowledge of all bar products with a focus on wine and menu products
· Excellent knowledge of POS system
· Understanding: Ability to read, comprehend and carry out instructions according to established procedures
· Comprehension: Fluent in the English language
· Organizational Skills: Work efficiently, utilize multi-tasking, prioritize tasks
· Hygiene and Sanitation: Adherence to uniform, grooming and personal hygiene standards and expectations per SOP’s
· Punctuality: Adherence to posted schedule and arrival time and attendance at mandatory meetings when scheduled
· Responsibility: Personal comportment in line with Standard, New York policies, standards, and expectations
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
· Serve and assist bar guests in a warm, sincere, accommodating and professional manner
· Serve beverage and menu items uniformly according to established standards, expectations and recipes
· Stock daily inventory taken
· Fill requisition sheet and give to manager
· Prep all fruits, garnishes, and juices and ensure its freshness
· Maintain cleanliness and design aesthetics of all areas, especially those visible to guests including: bar top, glass selves, bar back, and service bar
· Complete all side work requirements, including pre and post shift, daily, and monthly duties
· Answer specific questions about food prep using culinary terminology and about Standard drink s in an articulate and detailed manner using technical and service aspects
· Swift, efficient, and uniform service of orders per drink ticket
· Provide level of service consistent with established standards in every aspect
· Perform other duties as requested by manager
· Open and set up bar, including stocking liquor bottles
· Stock all glassware and ashtrays
· Fill all ice wells with ice
· Stock all paper and plastic needs for bar such as napkins, straws, stirrers and squirrel paper
· Make sure the bar is neat and clean at all times
· Perform other duties as requested per manager
Standard High Line Employer, LLC (the “Company”)
is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions are to be made
without regard to race, color, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, pregnancy, religion, creed, marital status, transgender
status partnership status, familial status, national origin/ancestry, alienage
or citizenship status, unemployment status, mental or physical disability or
medical condition, handicap, military status, veteran’s status, genetic
information, status as a victim of domestic violence, status as a victim of sex
offenses or stalking, employment status, or any other status protected by
federal, state, or local law. We endeavor to select, place, train, and promote
the best qualified individuals based upon job-related factors such as ability,
work quality, suitability, experience, and potential.