Our mission is to provide creatively inspired hospitality that successfully achieves the best in hotel service but also delivers unforgettable experiences fueled by culture for our guests and local communities—always leaving people with surprise and delight.
We bring these promises to life by embracing and empowering a diverse collective of team members, collaborators and guests that choose to call The Standard home.
We are anything but standard. Our DNA is unconventional, dynamic and irreverent.
Unconventional: “That's the way it is done” mentality is never the
Dynamic: We give guests what they want before they know they need it
Irreverent: Play is always just important as stay.
Manage all accounting processes of property and its legal entities. Primary focus in processing payroll and general cashiering. Oversee AP/AR and Income audit functions. Ensure accurate financial records, books, and protection of company assets. Provide training and mentoring, coaching, counseling and disciplinary action as needed.
· Education: Bachelor’s degree in hotel Management/Business Administration/Finance
· Combination of education and experience. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
· Previous work experience in finance
· Basic knowledge of hotel operations
· Experience in payroll, general cashiering, accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash handling, and income audit
· Good typing, math, problem solving, communication, and listening skills
· Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests and employees.
· Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently.
· Ability to travel to attend workshops, specialized training and/or certifications, etc.
Duties & Responsibilities:
o Able to remain stationary 90% of time in front of computer.
o Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
o Periodical movement inside an office to access file cabinets & safe, operate machinery, operate calculator, operate copier, operate telephone.
o Able to pull, push, carry and lift at least 35 pounds
o Must be able to seize, grasp, turn and hold objects with hands
· Frequent communication with employees, vendors, ownership, management; must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
· Understanding: Ability to read, comprehend and carry out instructions according to established procedures
· Comprehension: Fluent in the English language
· Organizational Skills: Work efficiently, utilize multi-tasking, prioritize tasks
· Hygiene and Sanitation: Adherence to uniform, grooming and personal hygiene standards and expectations per Standard of Operating Procedures
· Punctuality: Adherence to posted schedule and arrival time and attendance at mandatory meetings Responsibility: Personal comportment in line with Standard, New York policies, standards, and expectations
· Extensive knowledge of Opera, Squirrel, and Dataplus
· Must maintain a high level of confidentiality
· Strong communication and time management skills
· Guest service oriented
· Work well independently and within a team
· Able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays
· Ensure timely processing of all vendor invoices through Accounts Payable from purchase order controls to payment processing.
· Prepare and process weekly AP from purchase order internal controls to payment processing.
· Review monthly recurring invoices at end of each month, review purchase order log for accruals needed.
Standard High Line Employer, LLC (the “Company”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions are to be made without regard to race, color, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, religion, creed, marital status, transgender status partnership status, familial status, national origin/ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, unemployment status, mental or physical disability or medical condition, handicap, military status, veteran’s status, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, status as a victim of sex offenses or stalking, employment status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. We endeavor to select, place, train, and promote the best qualified individuals based upon job-related factors such as ability, work quality, suitability, experience, and potential.
· Prepare daily revenue report and distribute to appropriate recipients
· Responsible for daily reconciliation of income and taxes. Must be able to research variances.
· Maintain the City Ledger and all AR accounts for proper posting, billing, and collection of payments. Make collection calls where necessary to ensure payment is received on all AR accounts.
· Prepare monthly reconciliation of vendor statements for month end processing of financial statements.
· Perform various ad hoc analysis as requested in a timely and accurate manner.
· Perform job duties and projects as requested by management.Apply Now