The VP, Sales & Marketing, Asia is responsible for driving the Asia region’s sales and marketing results through a heightened focus on the brand and leading the sales team that will continue to progress the brand's key financial and customer metrics. This role will also be responsible for future Standard Hotel openings of Standard’s portfolio. This position is based in Bangkok, Thailand – with regular travel to the different properties in Asia.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish annual sales goals, preparation of budget, and marketing plan. Meet or exceed the annual sales revenue goals, including sales activity production guidelines.
- Develop expert knowledge of the hotels’ product positioning in marketplace, seasonality, pricing strategies and master the competitive advantages to the hotel's primary/aspirational competitive sets.
- Provide day-to-day leadership to sales teams to achieve assigned objectives with overall responsibility for achieving booking goals and hotel revenues.
- Provide customer intelligence in evaluating the market and economic trends that may lead to changes in sales strategy to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Manage the development of a strategic action plan for the demand generators in the market.
- Continuously evaluate the hotels’ involvement in the various sales distribution channels and develop strong working relationships to proactively position and market the hotel(s) accordingly.
- Proactively report on the progress and results of the marketing plan and related strategic activities, to include key metrics as well as conversion and return on investment data to key stakeholders.
- Manage the marketing budget to enable development of brand specific campaigns, promotions and collateral to drive revenue and meet brand objectives.
- Develop strategic alliances/partnerships to support marketing initiatives.
- Increase market share by creating hotel-specific promotions to be communicated using the hotel's CRM tool (where applicable) and/ or traditional on-property marketing communication vehicles.
- Work with GMs, DOSs, Directors of Marketing and The Standard International Brand team, providing input into creation of area marketing calendar and media plan, and provide support as appropriate / required in the development of marketing support materials for area-wide initiatives.
- Produce effective structures, processes and performance management systems.
- Set goals and expectations for direct reports, align performance and incentives, manage performance issues and hold team accountable for results.
- Provide leadership to help drive productivity and performance of the sales team. Timely execution of specific assignments.
- Comply with company sales reporting standards using all company sales, reservations, marketing and distribution systems.
- Lead and execute the property Travel and Tradeshow plans for the regions.
- Prepare pre-trip and post-trip reporting of any travel and tradeshow related activities.
- Guide and participate in monthly sales department and revenue and strategy meetings for the Brand.
- Develop, implement and execute sales strategies in quarterly action plans to impact existing key accounts, target accounts and the development of new business opportunities within assigned market segments.
- Create and suggest strategies and tactics for respective markets in the annual business plan, including creative marketing projects, involving Social Media, Editorial Content, Public Relations, cultural partnerships and special events.
- Maintain positive relations and high visibility in relative business organizations such as hotel associations, Convention bureaus, and tourism boards.
- Develop and Maintain all upcoming properties’ pre-opening budgets for Sales and Marketing.
- Partner with our People team to attract, develop and retain diverse, high-performing talent that can lead the organization today and strengthen the leadership bench for the future growth of hotels; continue to improve sales talent; work with our People team to anticipate future talent needs based on business growth plans.
- Follows direction and task assigned.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
- At least 10+ years of experience in sales leadership including both strategic sales and/or brand development experience.
- Ability to demonstrate expert knowledge and customer contacts in the preferred corporate, group and/or luxury leisure markets.
- Knowledge of developing and executing sales and marketing objectives and strategies required; preferred experience with online marketing, advertising, and finance/budget planning and management.
- Four-year college degree from an accredited institution; Bachelor's degree in in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel + Restaurant Management, or related major or related professional area.
- Proven ability to recruit, motivate, train and retain management and sales team
- Intellectual and analytical curiosity.
- Advanced computer skills and knowledge of various discipline focused computer programs, including a strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Apps, Cendyn, among others.
- Experience managing/marketing lifestyle brands.
- Strong financial planning and organizational skills.