The VP, Food & Beverage is responsible for creating, concepting, developing, and executing the F&B vision companywide through a hands-on mentoring style. This role oversees all aspects of F&B operations including, but not limited to concepts, product, quality control, standards, and executive departmental management. We are seeking an exceptional leader who can cultivate the strengths and creativity of department heads and key members of the management teams that result in optimized performance and innovative guest experiences to serve as seasonal draws at Standard properties.
This role provides support and guidance to key property F&B Management positions, such as F&B Director, General Manager, Beverage Director and Executive Chef as well as directly overseeing our Corporate team including VP Culinary, F&B Director and Training Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee and support the property F&B Venues, including Events, Room Service and Minibar.
- Drive revenue and control expenses while maintaining and enhancing brand identity through strategic and creative promotions, collaborations, and activations.
- Create and maintain a cultural landscape conducive to producing memorable guest experiences through promotion of staff imagination, inventiveness, and originality.
- Review & support strategic and operational plans within the properties; set goals, monitor execution, and measure results, communicating updates with Corporate executive team.
- Monitor budgets, review financial transactions, support Company growth goals.
- Recruit, train, and develop F&B Departments to Company standards, rising up employees from all ranks to support growth and longevity.
- Support properties to pre-emptively address shortfalls, troubleshoot issues, and look for operational opportunities.
- Work closely with the VP Culinary in planning menus with an understanding on COGS and labor in line with comp set position pricing understanding product mix and menu trends.
- Guide the creative integrity of The Standard Hotels F&B menus.
- Review annual budget and monthly forecast to ensure balance of accuracy, optimism, and forethought.
- Develop and maintain effective communication with key stakeholders on property as well as Ownership.
- Drive the creative output of the F&B team for pop-ups as well as to support existing and future property outlet concepting.
- Support growth of brand with new openings to include creative vision, guidance and alignment to brand that is also appropriate to local markets by identifying gaps and opportunities for future concepts.
- Participate in Hotel project launches from Proforma input, design coordination in respect to F&B areas from equipment, furniture, kitchen, and bar layout to floorplans for main spaces.
- Lead collaboration efforts with Operations and Finance teams to ensure that concepts for new Hotel projects, and existing project re-concepts, are sound from an operational and financial perspective that may include POB and Proforma.
- Follow directions and tasks assigned by Corporate executive team.
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Minimum of 7 years F&B management experience.
- Minimum of 3 years leading a multi property organization at a Senior Director or VP level.
- Hospitality operations guru; knowledge of current trends and compliance.
- Pre / Post Opening experience.
- Project Management experience.
- Outstanding communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
- Computer proficient.
- Sound decision making; the calm in the storm.
- Act with integrity & confidence; our reputation is paramount to our success.
- Ability to manage change effectively.
- Proven leadership that helps the company achieve its overall performance and profit goals and inspires and motivates the team.
- Highly motivated and pro-active; act with professionalism and positivity in all interactions.
- Ability to deliver high and consistent service standards.
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment and have a high-level attention to detail.
- Flexibility to work a varied schedule, which may include weekends and holidays.