Responsible for maintaining the highest standards of food preparation adhering to guidelines set out by the culinary management team. Strict adherence to recipes, quality and presentation standards and food preparation checklists. Ensures exemplary sanitation and food safety standards are achieved whilst minimizing food wastage.
– Prepare food items as per standard recipe cards whilst maintaining portion control and minimizing wastage.
– Ensure that the quality, taste and presentation of food prepared is in line with Standard’s production and brand standards.
– Ensure workspace is fully stocked with raw materials and ingredients.
– Be familiar with the use of all electrical and mechanical equipment in the kitchen and observe safety precautions when handling them.
– Clean and maintain all equipment within the food production areas.
– Ensure workspace is always clean and organized.
– Promptly report any hazards, unsafe working conditions, faulty equipment to Sous Chef or higher.
– Ensure all products used are of the highest quality.
– Ensure that a high level of food safety and hygiene standards are adhered to.
– Monitor portion control procedures using standard recipe cards.
– Regularly check stores and refrigerators and be responsible for the proper storing and recycling of leftovers.
– Be well versed in the hotel’s fire and life safety emergency procedures.
– Apply necessary precautions with regards to the hotel food safety and hygiene standards (HACCP).
– Attend all briefings, meetings and trainings as assigned by management.
– Maintain the highest standard of personal appearance and cleanliness.
Knowledge and Experience
– Secondary / High school education.
– Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in a similar luxury hotel environment.
– Sincere desire to achieve personal growth through education and training.
– Passionate about all thing culinary.
– A team player and builder.Apply Now