The role of the Room Attendant position is to perform routine duties in cleaning and servicing of guest rooms under supervision of housekeeping supervisor. Room attendant promotes a positive image of the property to guests and must be pleasant, honest, friendly and should also be able to address guest requests and problems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enter guest rooms following procedures for gaining access and ensuring vacancy before entering.
- Clean all assigned guestrooms including dusting, making beds, soiled linen removal from rooms, and retrieval of clean linen from linen closets, vacuuming, bathroom cleaning, inside window cleaning, replenish rooms with supplies.
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies. Disinfect guest rooms and bathrooms.
- Maintain proper usage of cleaning supplies and equipment.
- Report necessary maintenance and damage issue in guest rooms.
- Update Housekeeping system with room status (vacant clean, occupied clean, DND, refused etc.).
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests; anticipate and address guests’ service needs.
- Respond promptly to requests from other departments.
- Create memorable moments for guests when possible.
- Report and properly tag all lost and found articles with security.
- Follow departmental policies and procedures and service standards.
- Upkeep and cleanliness of the Hotel’s public areas, F&B spaces, employee areas, and Back-of-House spaces