We aim to bring a fresh twist on and new life to dining and nightlife experiences. Our point of view is informed and refined, and our restaurants, like our hotels, vibrate with the social energy of our time. Core to the experience of The Standard Bangkok Mahanakhon, is our food and drink offerings aiming to broaden people’s horizons while engaging and intriguing our communities.
Throughout the Food & Beverage Division you create unique experiences for guests going above and beyond for them to have extraordinary experience within and across the different outlets.
You are responsible for providing a cool and sought-after bar experience in the Hotels bars and restaurants. Take responsibility for the daily operational success of the outlet bar. You assist the bars manager and beverage manager and assume their duties when needed.
As a head bartender, you guide team members by demonstrating technical skills, sharing knowledge, and upholding department and hotel standards. Through operational expertise ensures the bar is recognized amongst Asia’s best with market leading beverage and food programming, service levels and atmosphere. You cherish these moments, work together as a team, promote harmony, enhance productivity and have fun.
As a Head Bartender you report to the Beverage Manager and assist the Bars Manager and provide support to the bartenders.
· Listen to every guest and observe body language carefully in order to be able to understand guest’s needs and expectations, and consistently surprise and delight every guest.
· Create and maintain a strong customer ‘first name’ relationship and combine this with an excellent memory for guest preferences.
· Have a good understanding of the outlet’s concept and food and beverage offerings and be able to verbally explain those to the guests with personality and flair on the line.
· Knowledge of mixing and matching ingredients to offer an outstanding selection of creative cocktails, non-alcoholic drinks, spirits, beers and wines and be able to garnish all drinks as per the given standards and explain their characteristics.
· Support the bars manager and beverage manager when required to train colleagues in accordance with the applicable standards and policies and regularly update the Standard Drink Appearance file (SDA).
· Lead the bartending team in all day-to-day operations whilst working the rail and train staff on recommending, promoting and upselling beverages.
· Maintain high staff morale and team spirit.
· Understand beverage control procedure including days on hand, perpetual inventory, bar pars, portion control, costs controls, beverage potentials and mix of sales analysis for beverage.
· Check the inventory daily before each shift to assure correct amounts are stocked up to avoid running out of stock during service periods.
· Responsible for ensuring the checking and recording of temperature of the bar fridges and follow the First in, First Out standards.
· Ensure compliance with all food and beverage policies and procedures as well as appliable beverage and liquor laws with responsible service of alcohol.
· Be well versed in all necessary Hotel brand standards and history and ensure all direct reports are likewise versed.
· To always take corrective action if service errors occur ensuring all solutions exceed the guest’s expectations.
· Coaches, guides and supports team members to ensure their capabilities and degree of professionalism meet the needs of guests and the hotel.
· Attend meetings with senior management to discuss future business strategies and review ongoing action plans and progress.