The Design & Development Manager is responsible for supporting the Design Department in creating space planning studies, plan layouts & design drawings, design briefs, design presentations and 3D studies as needed. Instrumental in supporting team in all project management tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Responsible for assisting the Design Department with project management, drafting, design development, presentations and follow through with projects consultants as needed.
· Assist department with the preparation of scopes of work, requests for proposals, project schedules and pitch decks related to new builds or renovations.
· Interact with other departments and consultants/ vendors to ensure all requests are being completed satisfactorily and in a timely manner.
· Coordinate all assigned projects with selected departments and vendors. Ensure that all necessary communications are handled in a proactive and professional manner.
· Assist in ensuring that clear and accurate reporting of active, pending and completed projects is maintained and understood within the team, and that the documents are distributed accurately and on time with project schedules and timelines.
· Responsible to maintain and file flow of new project information (in and out) for easy access by global team.
· Responsible for internal design templates and project trackers.
· Any other task as assigned.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
· Minimum four (4+) years' post-graduate related experience in architecture and interiors. Hospitality experience preferred.
· Professional degree in Architecture.
· In depth understanding of construction & design documentation.
· Proficient in CAD, InDesign, Photoshop, Adobe Creative Suite, 3D Software & Microsoft Office.
· Excellent command of English, knowledge of a second language preferred.
· Excellent organization, problem solving, and negotiating skills.
· Excellent understating of space planning.
· Experience managing presentations, design proposals, renovations and/or construction projects.
· Strong creative drive, with attention to detail and the ability to work independently.
· Able to change focus when needed while making regular progress on assigned projects.
· Ability to coordinate multiple long-term projects in parallel and in conjunction with short-term assignments.
· Strong computer skills and excellent conversational/ communication skills.
· Ability to effectively communicate creative concepts.
· Able to laugh at the impossible and enjoy a challenge.Apply Now