Welcome aboard. Our famous red seaplane, StndAIR starts its scheduled flight service to East Hampton this Friday. In just 45 minutes you'll cruise the length of Long Island and touch down amongst the boxwoods and hydrangea of the Hammmmmptons. Or maybe not. Maybe you need a lift to Block Island, Martha's Vineyard, Montauk, Fire Island, Stamford, Ronkonkoma? Just give us a call and we'll give you a lift. 855-STND-AIR (786-3247).
Now, if you think this "high Standard" is a bit too high for you, we recommend you watch Casey Neistat's travel review as he compares the bus to "one of the greatest experiences of his life." That would be riding StndAIR.
The Skinny on StndAIR:
• Flights leave from East 23rd Street docks. Just tell the taxi to drop you at 23rd and the East River.
• East River to East Hampton takes about 45 minutes.
• Enjoy a glass of our latest vintage of Sunset Beach Rosé and a handful of Swedish fish.
• Complimentary Jet Set kits will be provided courtesy of Aesop in celebration of their new store on Main Street in East Hampton. Each kit contains four travel-size staples for hair and body, including Classic Shampoo, Classic Conditioner, Geranium Leaf Body Cleanser, and Rind Concentrate Body Balm.
• For those looking to kick-start their summer reading, Standard Culture & Warby Parker have compiled a selection of short stories inspired by the Dog Days of Summer, selected by The Paris Review, PEN, and author Hetti Jones. Also, a special In-Flight Edition of Standard Culture will be available to keep travellers abreast of goings-on at ground level.